Clamping down with the upper arm by rogrant
April 08, 2019, 09:25:34 pm

Re: 5 blocker points by bmd (2113)
March 21, 2019, 05:58:08 pm

5 blocker points by Hagar
March 16, 2019, 10:06:32 am

Ohio Roller Derby Home Season by Stray Taco
January 04, 2019, 10:12:22 pm

Cincinnati Rollergirls 2019 Home Season by bmd (2113)
December 11, 2018, 05:06:50 pm

Re: 4.1.1 Intiator of Illegal Target Zone by AdamSmasher
November 15, 2018, 01:32:07 pm

Re: Intentionally not reporting to the penalty box and return to the track by AdamSmasher
November 15, 2018, 01:23:11 pm

Intentionally not reporting to the penalty box and return to the track by constanza
November 13, 2018, 06:57:39 pm

4.1.1 Intiator of Illegal Target Zone by Rego_Derby
November 07, 2018, 01:14:35 am

Author Topic: color wrist bands for score keepers inside  (Read 11812 times)

Offline DeCapitator

• Stats Sheet: 1
  • League Affiliation: Harrisburg Area Roller Derby
  • Referee Certification Level: Not Certified
  • NSO Certification Level: Not Certified
Re: color wrist bands for score keepers inside
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 12:40:07 am »
As long as your scorekeeper is aware that thumbs up is not one point and thumbs down is not take a point off, then it should not be a problem....  thumbs up is a agreement between jam ref and scorekeeper.. thumbs down from scorekeeper is telling the jam ref .. look u missed a nott point..........

Offline SimBin

• Stats Sheet: 0
  • League Affiliation: Perth Roller Derby
  • Referee Certification Level: Not Certified
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »
I have recently started in a league that does use the coloured wrist bands. They had in the NSO box just some material that got tied onto the wrist.  I have since made some hair scrunchies in the various team colours (got nice bright material) and we used them in the last Bout. The Jammer ref's had no problems with them slipping or sliding, and it was much easier for everyone to swap at half time. Also being scrunchies they stand out alot more that fabric tied direct to your wrist

Offline HIM-roid

• Stats Sheet: 14
  • League Affiliation: Mississippi Rollergirls
  • Referee Certification Level: Level 2
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 02:57:37 pm »
I went to Hobby Lobby and bought one of each solid color bandana and carry them with me at every bout. They were like $1 each. Thinking about going back and getting another whole set for the scorekeepers to wear as well. If the scrunchies are cheaper, they would definitely work as well. Might have to see if they have the scrunchies there as well.
HIM-roid
WFTDA Apprentice Officials Area Coordinator
Head of Officiating
Mississippi Rollergirls
WFTDA-Certified Referee, Level 2
WFTDA Officials Apprentice Program Area Coordinator

Offline Peppy Longlegs

• Stats Sheet: 0
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 05:50:37 am »
Meeting my scorekeeper before the bout and keeping that scorekeeper for the entire bout has always worked well. I've never had an issue spotting exactly who my scorekeeper was, except for if they had their head down, not paying attention.

Ditto.  The person I usually have trouble spotting/remembering -- and who I wish would wear an enormous fedora of the appropriate color -- is the Penalty Tracker for my team (when there are two).  Since my Scorekeeper usually has nothing to do but watch out for my points, there's never an issue of finding them.  But the penalty tracker is almost never looking at me when I need them to be ... which, as a jamref, is usually between jams, or on those rare moments during a jam when I need to get or give info directly to them.  Finding them immediately and without confusion would be a good thing.

But the growing practice of having only one PT is obviating this...

Word to this.
When it comes to home league bouts I generally have no problem identifying my penalty tracker as jammer ref because I actually know the people- "Oh so and so who I have known for a long time is my penalty tracker, I will always check with him/her". But when I travel and there is no color identity and my penalty tracker doesn't help me with minors in between jams(even when I politely ask/remind) it's tough.

Another alternative to arm bands, sashes, and bandannas(all are great!) is simple electric tape. We have an awesome penalty tracker here that uses cheap colored electrical tape. He puts a simple line across his chest, back, and wraps the tape below his knuckle on the fingers of one hand. It's simple and easy. Even if I don't recognize him as my penalty tracker, I see two "red" fingers and instantly know as the red team's jammer ref that my jammer has two minors as I trust my penalty trackers.

It's also useful as an ipr and opr in between jams when I can skate to the center to report a penalty that happened at the end of a jam and instead of yelling "WHITE 40 ELBOW" to all of the staff in the center, I can find the white penalty tracker in an instant and only direct it at him/her

Featured Product

Zebra Huddle Head Referee Bout Booklet

Featured Classifieds

ZH Files

How to Score a Point in Roller Derby
Rating: *****
Downloads: 3063
Views: 4783
Filesize: 327.61KB
Date: January 17, 2017, 04:21:03 am
Comments (0)
By: AdamSmasher
June 2013 Ruleset situational questions
Downloads: 2169
Views: 4495
Filesize: 29.71KB
Date: February 07, 2014, 04:57:32 pm
Comments (2)
By: Crash Test Ref
Rules Q&A and Publications for 6/15/13 Document
Rating: (None)
Downloads: 2339
Views: 5027
Filesize: 26.27KB
Date: August 02, 2013, 04:10:40 pm
Comments (0)
By: Shaun Ketterman
Rules Q&A and Publications for 1/1/13 Document (4/24/13 Updates)
Downloads: 3123
Views: 5068
Filesize: 28.07KB
Date: April 25, 2013, 05:45:34 pm
Comments (0)
By: Shaun Ketterman